maandag 3 april 2017

Stupidity

Social media is used alot. Some people even find it necessairy to post what they eat, or what the weather is like. But there's also posts that make no sense at all. I'm reading it and I'm thinking... Has this person absolutely gone stupid? Then again, it seems like social media is being used more and more as diary entries, altered to fit to everyones liking. As if there's no more personal opinion...

More and more I realise I'm not such a person. I'm still someone who searches for challenges, decent conversations on high level and loves to debate about stuff. More and more I'm asking myself if the world is becoming more stupid because of the internet?
You see teens questioning themselves, criticizing not only themselves but others too. You're too fat, too skinny, ugly, too much or too little make-up... Media and model perfectionism have always been harsh. Every generation had to struggle with this. Yet it seems almost as if our teens these days can no longer think for themselves. All they care for is looks. If you don't belong in the group, you don't belong in the world?

Outcasts, such as myself, often get treated as if they would be better off dead. Why? What is wrong with a challenging mind? What is wrong with not caring about how someone looks, but rather how they act, what their character is like? I don't understand any of those people. And yes, it's people. Because it's not only teens, generations grow old too. They are the adults of our future.

Countries are led into devastation as well. It doesn't matter what you vote for, because elections are rigged anyway. Everywhere. Politicians that just seem to be too dumb to even drive a car, are leading our countries into ruin. Money spent, but not on their own people. It's okay if they starve, politicians need to keep up the good face towards the rest of the world. "Oh that country is so generous"... Sure, but have you got any idea how many are struggling there? They could use support as well, but they will never get it. At most, it will only get worse.

As someone who has BPD, I'm often not taken seriously. You have a sickness, you don't count. Go cry in a corner. There's alot of people like me though, people willing to seek out the truth. Yet we can't, we're not allowed to. Whenever we speak our minds about it, we get more drugs to change us back into followers, or even get locked up for it. Which is exactly what governments need. No questions asked, just work until it breaks you down or you die.
I don't understand why I'm being misunderstood so much. But I really do question the sanity and ability to understand others, in others. "My language" isn't that hard to understand, I think. I can have plenty of meaningful conversations with high educated people. It's just that, even though I'm a woman, you'll never hear me about petty things such as looks, food dishes or the weather. And if I do, it's to question things, or philophosize about things.

I'm someone who loves to gather information, to explore the net and learn from it. Yet sometimes it's as if I can feel my brain cells die because of the stupidity I see, or read. It's frustrating not having everyone on the same page. I expected so much more of humanity. I can say for sure that becoming an adult was the hardest and most annoying thing ever. Learning to do it all alone, because people around you don't have the brain capacity like you do. They can't keep up with you and apparently that makes you the weirdo. I expected more intelligent conversations, instead of talking about meaningless petty things... Well, I guess it's a let down :) stupidity is everywhere.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten